Governor Mike DeWine released his plan this afternoon for reopening Ohio in a phased manner. Some of the major facets include the following:
All health procedures that do not require an overnight stay in a hospital will be allowed.
Dental offices will be allowed to reopen.
Manufacturing, distribution, and construction businesses will be permitted to reopen, but with the following requirements:
- All workers and customers must have facial coverings.
- Businesses must conduct daily health assessments for employees.
- Good hygience must be enforced at all times, including social distancing.
- All surfaces must be sanitized routinely.
- Capacity in facilities must be limited to meet social distancing guidelines.
General offices will, likewise, be permitted to open during the week of May 4th, with the same restrictions as for manufacturing, distribution, and construction. Telework should continue, whenever operationally feasible.
Consumer retail and services will be permitted to reopen, with the following requirements:
- All employees and customers will be required to wear facial coverings while inside the business.
For more information, visit https://coronavirus.ohio.gov/wps/portal/gov/covid-19/home.